Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreatGold
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Deposit when switching

Go to solution
Hi, I would like to switch to bt infinity, but, because I currently have 20mb contract, will I get my 50£ deposit back after 6 months ?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
r1sh12
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deposit when switching

Go to solution

I dont know if BT take a £50 deposit,

I never had to pay a deposit.

You should check with BT sales again, but I dont think they need a £50 deposit.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Sometimes if your credit rating isn't to the minimum level they require then an upfront payment is taken. It's not a deposit as such and should just go towards your first bill.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

A Friend I know who has only just had Infinity about 2weeks had 2pay £150 deposit because of bad credit and if he pays on time by direct debt for the next 6months he would get that money back he told me. So as I would take it it is a deposit and if he fails with he's payments then that's what the £150 for.

0 Ratings
GreatGold
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I wasn't taliking about the deposit of bt infinity, i'm talking about the deposit of my 20mb contract that I currently have. Will this deposit be returned to me after 6 months, even if I changed contract (bt infinity) ?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
You need to speak to a sales advisor, they'll be able to tell you what's what with your account.

0800 800 150 from your BT landline
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings