cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DamonVega
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Destiny "Turtle" error code help!! Port Forwarding

Hello i have been playing destiny since september on a very regulary basis on my Xbox One and up until yesterday my connection has been fine besides the odd "bee" error code which i can live with. As of yesterday though i am continually getting the "turtle" error code everytime i try to log in to the game.

Ive ran speed tests in on my computer and xbox my connection is as normal. MY xbox live is running fine and all other games are connecting fine. Ive also tried turning off all devices in my network leaving only my console connected

Nothing has changed in my network and my hub settings have stayed the same. I am using the Bt home hub 4(a) i have been through several guides on how to port forward with no success. I have port forwarded UDP 53, 88, 500, 3544 and 4500, i have also port forwarded TCP 53, 80, and 3074. I had a list of the ports and tried to enter them all into 1 "manage games and applications" profile and i kept getting a conflict error. I then went on to set up each port in their own profile and found that it was port UDP 3074 which was conflicting and couldnt apply that to my console. Is this a critical port for Activision games and if so what is it conflicting with?

I have tried several things over the last few days and am getting a little tired of having no success. Please help 🙂 

Many thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Destiny "Turtle" error code help!! Port Forwarding

Welcome to this forum.

If you are going to manually forward ports, you need to disable uPnP on the home hub, to avoid conflicts.

Do this

Turn off Xbox

Disable uPnP

Restart home hub.

Turn on Xbox

Setup port forwarding.

If that fails

Reset home hub to factory default

Disable uPnP

Turn on Xbox

Setup port forwarding from scratch.

This page may also help.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/portforward.html

0 Ratings
DamonVega
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Buddy will try this 🙂 

0 Ratings
DamonVega
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Hey Keith I following your steps and managed to avoid any conflicts on the hub port forwarding but i am still instantly getting this error code on destiny :'( would it be worth my time resetting my console to factory settings? ive tried clearing the consoles cache several times between and after steps ive taken with no joy.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

I can`t suggest anything for the error code, all I could help with is the port forwarding conflict.

I suppose you could try resetting your console, or perhaps do a Google search to look for other suggestions.

0 Ratings
DamonVega
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Thanks again anyway 🙂

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 7 of 10

Destiny needs ports 1200 and 1001 to be forwarded. Just forwarding the standard xbox live ports isn't enough.

This is due to the fact that the home hub 5 is not compatible with the demonware port mapping used by activision games on the xbox one.

Although I hear that the hh5 has a firmware update rolling out so not sure if the new firmware has the same problems or not.

0 Ratings
DamonVega
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Yes finally back on destiny! I tried everything from talking with a BT engineer, port forwarding, talking to an xbox live support tech, clearing persistent memory, clearing the cache, re-installing destiny and nothing worked! Iv'e also have had some small issues with the Xbox one not loading tile images for a couple of weeks and i was doing some research into that to fix that problem and it also fixed my destiny problem!

The solution i found was to go onto the internet explorer on the Xbox one console its self and log in to BT's website which popped up when i launched internet explorer.

The article can be found here:
http://www.xboxer360.com/news/xbox-one-problems-dashboard-tiles-not-loading/

Hope this might help anyone else

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Did you turn off "smart setup" on the home hub?

That can cause the problem you describe, as it needs a browser window to activate.

0 Ratings
windybuttercups
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Thanks so much DamonVega! Such an easy fix! My son is over the moon he can finally play his new Destiny game.
0 Ratings