cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Devices losing connection to Home Hub 6

Hi

I have been having problems for a couple of months with some d losing connection to my home hub 6. I've got so fed up with it I have gone back to my home hub 5. I've seen some discussions with other people having the same problem but to be honest I don't understand what the solutions have been with changing settings. Can anybody help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Devices losing connection to Home Hub 6

If everything works the way you want it to on the Homehub 5 you should just stick with it. The HH6 may be newer but it is not necessarily better as you will no doubt have seen if you have read through the forum.

Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I too am suffering from the dreadful now homehub. keeps dropping wireless connection and wired connection. not always at the same time.

Also it keeps turning off and restarting by itself.

This is the second one of these so called smart hubs and both have similar faults.

All you get from the un-help desk is someone talking to you like you are a novice. I have worked in IT for 21 years and know how to set up a decent router. but BT routers are not decent.

Anyone got a solution other than leave BT, which is my next stop.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Buy your own router.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

RickFug wrote:I have worked in IT for 21 years and know how to set up a decent router. but BT routers are not decent.

So why use one?

Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

@RickFug

I had the same problem with some devices. The solution has been to assign a static IP on the device itself (not the Hub as it doesn't retain the information). 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Because BT say they will supply a hub in the price. If they did a deal where you buy your own hub at a lesser price I would go for that. I begrudge paying extra because the so called provider cannot provide proper kit

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Smiley Very Happy It's rubbish but I'm sticking with it because its free Smiley Very Happy