cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Devices no longer connect to my Hub

We've had our hub for about three years now and have a lot of devices connected to it; an iPhone 5, a iPhone 4, two iPods, a BlackBerry, a Windows phone, a Laptop, a Tablet, a Playstation 3 all through Wireless and a LG Smart TV, BT Vision Box and a Seagate Hard Drive through Ethernet cables. Everything normally works fine.

Last week following an electrical storm several devices could no longer connect to the Hub - the iPhone 5, the Tablet and one of the iPods.

The Laptop is fine and works all over the house as it always does, however, if I use the shortcut on the desktop on the Laptop to get to the Seagate hard drive - I get the message that windows can no longer find it.

My iPhone 5 cannot connect to the Hub - it can see it - but cannot connect to it. I have to drop it a connect to my own Hub through BT Fon and then it works fine!

I've asked my iPhone and the other devices which can no longer connect to the Hub to forget the hub and to get them to search for it again. They can all see it, but can't connect - not getting as far as asking for the wireless key.

I've powered off the Hub and left it for a couple of minutes. I've tried re-setting it and I've been into the Hub Manager to see if it looks like any changes have been made to it. Nothing seems to work.

I haven't changed the channel on the Hub as it doesn't appear to be a signal strength issue (the iPhone 5 shows the Hub on maximum strength everywhere in the house).

Can anyone help please????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Devices no longer connect to my Hub

When you reset the hub was that a factory reset using the recessed button on back and holding till lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi - no - just by pressing the restart button. I've also removed the power cord and left it unplugged for several minutes in the hope that it might reset any 'stuck' capacitors.

Is it worth trying pressing the factory re-set and will I need to take any other action once I've done?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you carry out a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds you should not need do anything else unless you changed the SSid (Name)  or wireless passkey of the homehub at anytime. If you did the reset will put them back to the ones that are on the homehub label. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Guys,

I've done a factory reset on the huband it doesn't seemed to have changed anything. My iPhone 5 still can't connect to it, I can't use the shortcut for the Seagate drive and the Hub no longer apppears as part of our home network when I look it up on my PC.

Below is a screen shot of the Hub Manager. Matt-PC is my laptop which is connected to the Hub via Wi-Fi. There are currently three Ethernet Cables plugged into the back of the Hub - the Seagate Drive, the TV and a BT Vision box.

Any other ideas?

Hub.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Obviously if your laptop is  connected via wireless it should not be showing as connected via ethernet. It looks like the electrical storm has somehow messed up the configuration of the Homehub. Normally a factory reset would restore this but apparently not in this case.

I think you will need to contact BT and report a fault to them and request a replacement Homehub. This should be free if you are still in contract. If you are not in contract you will need to either pay for a replacement or re-contract to get one free.

When you get the new hub you will need to set it up and log all your wireless devices on to it using the new wireless key found on the Homehub label.