cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithn
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Different phone line with BT other things?

We have had two BT engineers visit because of interference on the phone line, both did things to the exchange box up the road, and now the line is completely dead.

I am hoping a third engineer may finally solve the problem (I have been promised a call back) but I am now thinking that maybe the problem simply cannot be solved.

We are very happy with BT Broadband and the sports channels, so does anyone know - if we have to use someone else for a phone line, can we keep the BT broadband and sports?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Different phone line with BT other things?

No you need the phoneline from BT as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

regardless of phone provider unless moving to cable all use the Openreach network and engineers but as posted you still need your phone line from BT
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

I would add that "cannot be solved" isn't an option.  If you live in an area that has phone lines, then BT are legally obliged to offer you a working phone line if you ask for one (and pay for it, of course).

0 Ratings