cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lirhtc
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Different result about fibre availability from phone number check and address check.

I have moved to a new property recently. In order to have proper broadband I have checkek the fibre availability from https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html 

By using the phone number I got this result:phone.png

But when I use my address it gives different result:
address.png

I am now using the standard broadband which is totally unacceptable. I tried to order unlimited infinity 1 online but I was told I can't have it beacuse where I live. Howere my neighbors around me can all have fibre except me. What happens there?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Different result about fibre availability from phone number check and address check.

Welcome to this user forum.

Is your phone line with BT Retail at the moment?

If so, how long ago was it activated?

0 Ratings
lirhtc
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: Different result about fibre availability from phone number check and address check.

Thanks for your reply. The phone line is with BT and it was just activated a week ago.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

It can sometimes take a little while for the details to be updated. However, there is the possibility that you're on an EO line, which means there's no cabinet between your home and the exchange and as such you can't get FTTC.

Can you try inputting your telephone number into the Openreach where and when checker please and let us know the results.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
lirhtc
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Openreach.png

That is the result from openreach checker but I don't really understand what does it mean.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Was that using your telephone number or address?

If it was the telephone number, you just need to wait a little longer for the BT Wholesale checker to update.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
lirhtc
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

The openreach check result was according to my phone number. Thanks for your reply. I will keep trying to check with BT.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

If it's not changed 10 days after your line went active, post back and we'll see if the mods can help.
0 Ratings