cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steel66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Difficulties in getting money back from closed account

Recently moved to another provider for both phone and broadband but I am having difficulties in getting my final bill as I have been overcharged.

Broadband was changed over 9th Feb followed by phone services on 23rd Feb. Bill comes in dated 24th Feb charging me for the next 3 months broadband but not the phone plus I am in credit.

Numerous phone calls to the overseas call centre has been getting me nowhere and when you ask for a UK number to call they just give you the number you have just called and got them.

Bottom line is, by my reckoning I am owed about £85 and BT tells me I will not get a final bill for 40 working days. Going by some of the posts on here, BT are referring customers to debt collection agencies within 2 weeks of overdue money.

I think I will now raise a complaint with the small claims court for the outstanding monies plus my administration costs and my hourly rate at £20 per hour.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Difficulties in getting money back from closed account

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
steel66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

HELP

Just had final bill in and I have been charged for 6 weeks broadband after my transfer date of 9th Feb AND a £30 cancellation fee when I am not even tied into a contract for my broadband. Who do I call in the UK to pursue this matter as I am not spending any more hours of my time listening to false promises from India.

GET A GRIP BT.

Why would I comeback?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

it has been posted above please contact the bt care team (forum mods) they will get it resolved for you
0 Ratings
steel66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Contacted Mods as above and they said they would monitor it. Final bill came in and I sent them an update and I have received no reply hence the updated post.

Yours

Frustrated

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

it can take up to 3 working days to get a reply
0 Ratings
steel66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Got fed up in waiting on a reply to my email from site mods, so just sent off a letter to Durham

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

they will normally reply to you within 10 days
0 Ratings
steel66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

After writing to customer complaints at Durham after getting nowhere with my bill via the Indian call centre. I recieved a call this morning from BT regarding my complaint AND IT WAS FROM THE INDIAN CALL CENTRE.

Who owns British Telecom now???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. As you cannot get to speak to anyone in Britain.

Yours

Frustrated

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

@steel66 wrote:

Who owns British Telecom now???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.

The shareholders. It used to be the taxpayer but that ended with privatisation in the mid-1980s, since when customer services have deteriorated hugely. Poor service is now the industry standard, as you may well discover if you are unfortunate enough to have a problem with your new provider.

The response you got from Durham is a disgrace.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings