cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhiteLightning
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Difficulty applying BTinternet/BT Mail to new Windows 10 Laptop

Hi there. I have BTMail working on a Windows 10 desktop and a Windows Phone. I have just bought a small laptop to supplement the PC. I keep being told the BTinternet information is 'out of date' when I try to set up email on the laptop. If I use the PC to log on to BTmail directly, manually entering the user id and password it works. If I put the same info onto the laptop it is apparently 'out of date'.

The password I use on the PC for BTmail is the same as the BT.com password. Is there another 'hidden' password for BTmail which I need to know or update? If so how do I do this?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Difficulty applying BTinternet/BT Mail to new Windows 10 Laptop

Are you configuring the device with the correct settings? Don't let the wizard configure the settings, set the account up manually. Incoming and outgoing server is mail.btinternet.com, incoming port 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP3 (your choice) tick SSL. Outgoing server port 465 and SSL ticked and authentication required ticked. username and password are your full email address and password. Tick box to leave a copy of the message on the server if selecting POP3.

0 Ratings