Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sn0wman1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Digital Vault sign-up issue

Go to solution

Good morning everyone,

I'm having problems getting a Digital Vault account registered. I get as far as the "Personal" screen which is headed with:

Create my BT Digital Vault – Step 2 of 2

Auto Backup and 5GB of storage space is included as part of your BT Total Broadband Option 3 package.

I only have the one email address defined, so there's no confusion over whether it's the primary or not. Upon entering a username/password (with the latter being verified) and sign my life away by accepting the T&Cs, there seems to be a short amount of activity before bouncing back to the same screen again. I've not received any emails relating to Digital Vault. The password is definitely meeting with the minimum complexity.

I'm running fully patched Win 7 with the latest versions of IE, Firefox & Chrome.

I've tried using different browsers without any success. I'm not seeing any errors which would give me a clue as to what's going wrong. I've tried using some fairly obscure usernames, in case it was an issue with an account already being in existence. I did run into a similar problem a few months ago and gave up thinking that there may have been a temporary fault.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Vault sign-up issue

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they may be able to help you.

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Snowman, I would advise that you try it once a day, eventually it will work! I had the same problem but after about 2 weeks and many tries I suddenly had a success, The same thing happened to my daughter.

I think it is just unreliable at times!

0 Ratings
plymchris
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You're not alone. I can't set up digital vault either. I also can't access my email account. I'm told it is because of a bug at the Yahoo end. I'm a new customer so not happy!

0 Ratings
Sn0wman1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I was able to get help, initially via "Live Chat" and then by someone calling me back. It ended up with the support person using remote control on one of my PCs. It appeared as though they took the registration back to square one, so that I was seeing a brand new registration screen. Everything seems to be working for me and so I hope others get a speedy resolution.
0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I am pleased that you have it working however I am very sceptical that it was your PC causing a problem and they could take it over to enable digital vault.

Doing various searches shows that many many people have a problem signing up to the vault and I tried it with 3 different computers (they can't all have a problem) in the end I was able to set it up without  making any changes to my PC.

Indeed my daughter who lives in a different area with her own PC had exactly the same problem and again she was able to set one up after I informed her mine was now working.

I am convinced in my mind that the problem is not with users PC's but something on BT's system.

But I am pleased for you. 🙂

0 Ratings