cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: Digital voice (FTTP new install) - can dial out but not receive calls

After all this time and not further proactive contact from BT regarding the fact that the BT HD fibre phone does not operate as designed I have been offered no compensation but we still cannot rely on this Nov 2020 new installation and have had a difficult time with both hospitals and GP sugeries during this pandemic .
Who do I go to seek some compensation or bill reduction for a service that we pay full price for in respect of HD phone install
Dont get me wrong the BT fast fibre BB is fine it is just the plain fact that the phone part of this sucks
Nigel Blanchard

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

@nigelwarfield 

what happened after mods offered to help you back in april 2021

problem with this thread there are to many customers posting their similar problem and replies get confusing 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Raise a complaint via my BT.
RIC9380
Message 24 of 30

Complain to Philip Jansen   He is the CEO.

Then you will be passed to the Executive Consumer Relations Team who have greater powers than ordinary BT Faults.

Message 25 of 30

Please delete the email address as it breaches forum rules. Yes, I know the address is in the public domain.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

As I mentioned we had 3 elderly parents, 2 of them sadly died and we had major issues with calls from NHS hospitals so were forced to abandon are HD landline.

I have not pursued it as I had too many other issues going on during the pandemic but now may take opportunity to complain again

I dont think that BT were helpful asking me to keep a log during a pandemic of calls not being received and as stated by two of their so called HD help line attendants  they put this down to not BT fault but issue with legacy equipment in exchanges. 

We have found that most of the country are not able to use our landline accordingly but mobiles can get through and some modern exchanges.

I have complained` in the past to CEO but it takes weeks and it is like deja vue all over again.

Probably ending in "will we keep a log of callers number not getting thru" this as is obvious means caller either dont bother or end up trying to find our mobile numbers as they CANT USE OUR LANDLINE numbers

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 30

sorry but did you take up the help offered by the forum mods or did you just miss them out and complain to CEO?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

I have given thumbs up and will write to CEO which is only sensible course as for the other mod recommendation of sending a formal complaint I thought my posting made clear that I have done that twice and nowt happens other than as stated

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Arguably you are looking at this from the wrong point of view , you can receive calls from mobiles and (presumably) the majority of regular landlines , but you have a problem with certain calls from some particular places, there are hundreds of suppliers of ‘Telecom’ suppliers , there are dozens, if not more ‘wholesale’ network providers , and especially large scale business, tend to shop around for providers, BT may be a big player , but they don’t have all the market , probably at round 25% , so a 75% chance the people not able to call you don’t even use BT….the originator of a call has the ‘responsibility’ for delivering that call, a network issue could exist either on the originators platform or the interconnection between them and your provider ( BT ) but any call failure fault report should start with the originating network , which is pretty unlikely to BT.
If the Hospital cannot contact you over your landline , they should ( you would hope ) investigate that with their supplier , even if that requires them to contact the receiving network ( BT in your case ) it doesn’t work in the reverse direction , and never has.
Even if you state the problem only ever appeared after you were migrated to Digital Voice , it doesn’t necessarily follow the issue is at BT’s end, they may have implemented routing changes that some providers have responded to ( mobile operators you don’t have an issue with ) perhaps whatever provider or providers you have difficulty with , have not made the appropriate changes to their own networks.
It also seems something of a dereliction of duty , especially in a medical situation, to make presumably an urgent calls , not get through, and not try an alternative number ( possibly a mobile ) or email or something…and if this establishment had numerous issues getting calls to successfully terminate, would be contacting their supplier to see why this is happening

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Sorry - as you can see I am a newby in this community.

Put into Google "bt ceo philip jansen email address"

0 Ratings