My download speed has dropped from 76Mbps to a max of 68Mbps.
I spent a hour on the support chat who said he would refresh the line to bring my speed back and phone me back in an hour.
That was last Friday and he didn't call and my speed is still at 68Mbps.
I looked through the web pages on the router and found these settings;
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068543+NQ51439511
3. Firmware version: Software version 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2 (Type A) Last updated 28/06/17
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 15:27:29
6. Data rate: 19999 / 66918
7. Maximum data rate: 26913 / 73651
8. Noise margin: 15.1 / 7.7
9. Line attenuation: 18.6 / 14.9
10. Signal attenuation: 18.6 / 14.9
11. Data sent/received: 863.0 MB / 18.2 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-5KQG
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 6
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-5KQG_5Ghz
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 48
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 00:37:b7:2b:dd:dc
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0
The noise margin appears high so I ran a line test but it said there was no faults found.
Can anyone confirm if this could be the problem to my dimished speed please and if so how do I get it fixed?
your max attainable is now down to 73mb so you are not going to get 76mb connection speed. I looks like a reduction due to more people being added to the cabinet and is not uncommon. your noise margin at 7.7db is higher than normal 6db and if you can maintain a stable conenction then noise margin should drop back down to about 6db with your conenction speed moving nearer the 73mb attainable speed
can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
from that you are within your estimated range and if noise margin drops back to normal 6db you will probably be about mid range
Just leave it alone & let it find its own level.