cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stewart1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Direct Debit Mandate

I wish to pay my phone bill from a third part account, I have been advised by billing that three Direct Debit mandates have been sent - I have not received one.

In this modern age where most things are done electronically why can BT not email me the form?

Finally I was exasperated and cancelled my Direct Debit, BT have no problem sending a snotty letter but fail to include a Direct Debit mandate, surely this would be common sense?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Direct Debit Mandate

The letter would have been automatic

A direct debit mandate is required as it needs to be signed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Stewart1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Webby but if they were to email me a Direct Debit I could print, get signed and returned - this should not be an issue.

What do you think?

Also, if the letter is send automatically, why could they not sent a Direct Debit mandate automatically.

0 Ratings
Stewart1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Do any other moderators in the know, know why BT can not email a Direct Debit Mandate?

I understand BT have sent four now but none received - what is the chance of sending in back without BT mislaying it?

0 Ratings