Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somhairle
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Disabling 1571

Go to solution

I have the 1571 service operating but don't want this. It was set up for me when I reported a fault on the text messaging service. Today I have only just discovered that I had a load of messages stretching back several weeks. It had cut out my home answer phone.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the 1571 service. I don't want to interfere with the text messaging service - if it ever recovers - though!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disabling 1571

Go to solution
Call BT and ask them to remove it from your account.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
brian532
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Disabling 1571

Go to solution

Even better (given how tedious a business it is calling BT), do it on line if you have an online account. Log in, and click on 'my phone'. On the right you'll see a button 'change calling features'. Click on that and you'll see another button 'change your calling features'. Press that, fill in the form and press continue. Finally you are on a page where you can request the change. Did i say it was better on line ...? I have found other ways in to this page, but BT have not made it very easy.