cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bouff
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Disaster

Hi all. Please be gentle with me, first post here and technology phobic !

I moved house last year and had a new phone line installed as there has never been a phone in the house before.

We signed up to bt fibre as our location has a very poor normal broadband service.

Since our installation our problems have been ongoing. When it rains we always go from having a connection of between 25-30 Mbps down to around 0.2 to 0.4 Mbps. However our upload speed never falls below 7mbps in that time.

I have spoken numerous times with BT and have on one occasion sent an engineer out who rectified a fault on the line. However our problem still hasn't gone away.

Last night I did a live chat with a chap in India who stated my line kept "dropping out"'whatever that means. He then told me that he tested the line and discovered the problem lies with my router ! Success I thought, however when he tried to order me a new router ideas told mine was out of the 12 month warranty. How I've no idea as I didn't move into this house until the middle of Feb 2015 and wasn't connected until April.

He told me today to phone BT which i did and was passed again to a lady in India on then"technical team". I explained my problem to her (again) and she told me that she would without doubt solve my issue today. I told her that I had been told.mynissuenlaynwithntjenrouter, however as I had a blue light on it she told me that this was not the case (really, this again) she then reset my line and told me to do the same with my router. I did what I was told and guess what, hey presto tonight it's been raining and again I lost signal.

Anyone any idea what I can do now ?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disaster

The problem is not with your router unless you have a hole in the roof of your house and the rain is landing on it!

If the drop outs only happen when it rains tere is obviously a problem with our line. You need to re-contact BT and report a telephone fault, not a broadband fault. Tell them there is noise on the line and that it gets worse when it rains.

Once the line is fixed so will your broadband.

0 Ratings
Bouff
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I'll give it a try but they always try and get out of it !!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You need to be insistent.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings