cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Disconnecting Internet during the day

Hi, strange question but is it possible to disable my home internet connection for a few hours each day?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disconnecting Internet during the day

just take cable out of phone socket or turn router off - not rocommended on a regular basis as it will have bad effect on your broadband - stable conenction 24/7 is best

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

why would you want to ????
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Rather than turning off, to preserve your profile I think you have the ability via Windows Defender to stop internet traffic totally.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If you are just wanting to stop a device from accessing the Internet at certain times you can use the Homehub's built in access control.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11364/~/what-is-bt-access-control-and-how-do-i-set-it...

It is easily over ridden so may not be suitable if for instance it is to stop a tech savy child from accessing the Internet when they should be in bed.