Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pauld234
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Disconnecting Pc

I have 3 Laptops and 2 xboxs in my house, 2 laptops have windows 7 and 1 has vista.

Mine and my brothers laptops are fine, but my dads laptop seems to always disconnect the whole house from the internet, sometimes it happens every min, sometimes every hour but its only his laptop that does this.

Whats wrong with it and how do i fix it

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Disconnecting Pc

you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

also try changing from default b/g/n to just b/g unless all devices are 'N' rated.

are network/wireless drivers up to date?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pauld234
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hmmmmm, are you sure that would work cause the laptop im on now is b/g/n and i have no probl;ems its only my dads laptop

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

maybe your dad's can't handle the 'N' but yours can

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pauld234
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Ahhh, but his laptop is better then my first one, which works just fine......

0 Ratings
Paingiver
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

A better laptop doesn't automatically mean a better wireless adapter!
0 Ratings
Pauld234
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Well its like the same as my current one, and if im on with out it then its fine, but as soon as my dads laptop connects....BOOM..Losing connections...

0 Ratings