The link looks like this 

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 24

Re: Disconnection issues and extremely slow speeds

Go to solution

What are your full router stats now? Your original ones indicated you had been placed on a banded profile in response to past errors on your line. Your line is capable of about 6 Meg Sync speed but you were only getting 357 K. You were not being artificially limited by the IP Profile. The IPP is derived from the Sync speed & is usually 88.2% of it. Yours is exactly right. It's the Sync speed that is being artificially limited by the DLM. You need to call your ISP to reset the DLM in order to remove any banding. 

Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution
the mods are already involved with this posters problem there is no need to call the help desk at all
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@john46: Oh, isn't this a user Community? Aren't users allowed to offer advice from their knowledge to help other users? I thought that was the idea. Aren't forums meant to bring many varied ideas & backgrounds to bear on the same problem?

I feel I'm being warned off Smiley Frustrated!

Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution
not at all just read through the posts first you will see that this thread is in the mods hands and using the helpdesk will only cause more confusion then is needed
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

@DariusA I tried calling there but missed you, I wanted to let you know that I've reset the profile so hopefully you'll see an improvement shortly. Please post back and let me know if that has helped?  

0 Ratings
DariusA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
Sorry, was in a no signal zone! I've waited a few hours but it actually seems worse than before.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

@DariusA I called again and left you a voice mail there, my checks are showing a potential loop fault and when I've called the landline it is constantly giving me an engaged tone. We need to ensure this is not being caused by extension wiring or something that's connected to the line.

Can you try a phone in the test socket to see if you can get a dial tone and make a call? You can get to the test socket by removing the faceplate cover as shown in the picture below.

test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
DariusA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

@NeilOWe don't normally use the landline at all so it's not usually connected - don't know if that would be a problem! I have plugged it directly into the test socket, got a dial tone and made a call with no problems.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

@DariusA It does no harm to have a phone connected and use it occasionally as the electric current can help prevent joins on the line from oxidising. If its working ok in the test socket and not when it is plugged into the normal socket then that would indicate an internal wiring issue.

Would you be able to connect the Hub with a filter to the test socket and leave it overnight and I'll run further checks in the morning?