cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flobalob
Message 1 of 6

Disconnects

Hi, only my second day with BT Infinity and already three disconnects. The engineer who fitted it said the hub takes a couple of days to settle down but I thought that referred to the speed, does it also refer to disconnections? Have not had any disconnects with TalkTalk since moving home two years ago. Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Disconnects

Mine certainly disconnected a few times during the first couple of days following installation and also after a line reset. Whether this is normal behaviour or not I couldn't say, but mine is fine.

The thing to watch for is multiple disconnects in quick succession - which could be an indication of a problem with the hub, that other users have mentioned in other threads.

Whatever you do - do not turn off or reset the hub yourself. Let it do its thing and see how you get on.

0 Ratings
bmcl26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Mine was installed on Tuesday and has restarted twice, it does say in the HH Information and troubleshooting guide that came with it that this is normal during the first three days.  Both times when it restarted there was a minmal change in the speeds but I am happy with what I have currently download 70 -72mbs, upload 16 - 18mbs.

0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

I found during my training period the speed was up and down dramatically - sometimes dipping as low as 12 down.

BT Speedtest: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you want to see your IP profile run the above test then click on diagnostics at the bottom of the page, and it will show you your upper and lower speed range and your IP profile.

0 Ratings
flobalob
Message 5 of 6

I'll give it a few days to settle down. I've done five speedtests today which ranged from 19-26Mbps but the upload stayed the same at all times, is that normal for the upload to stay consistent but the download all over the place? I know little about IT !!!!

0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

From what I can recall yes, the major changes were noticed on downloads and the upload stayed fairly constant.

I always find the BT speedtester pretty conservative for upload speeds

0 Ratings