cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RhydowenDi
Message 1 of 2

Disgraceful Customer "Service"

I am SO disappointed and frustrated with BT that I have come to this Forum to vent my views. Sorry.

I checked all my equipment and even BOUGHT a corded phone @£25 to double check everything.Nothing. By now the website was showing that the fault was somewhere between teh exchange and my house.

with BT that I have come to this Forum to vent my views. Sorry.

I reported a fault on Friday 27th August using my Broadband Phone which is a second line. I waited for 45 minutes listening to a recorded message telling me that "Due to adverse weather conditions somewhere in the country there were a high volume of calls waiting. It would be quicker and easier to go to the BT Website and report the fault there"

Foolishly  ...... I did.

The fault was "diagnosed" remotely as being with my equipment .... so I should double check everything or else I would be charged £127.99 for the engineer to come out. 

I then had the option to re-direct my calls to another line - which I did ... but after 4 days nothing had happened and worse still - I'd had no contact from BT at all. Customer Service? Awful.

I checked all my equipment and even BOUGHT a corded phone @£25 to double check everything.Nothing. By now the website was showing that the fault was somewhere between the exchange and my house.

I phoned BT again on the Tuesday 31st and eventually got an apology from the Customer Service Chap and he said he would get the BT OpenReach Team on the case straight away ... he couldn't understand why the redirection hadn't worked but he would try. He even agreed that the "service" had NOT been good up to now.

Thankfully the re-direction worked 2 hours later and the engineer arrived eventually on Friday at 6.15pm. To say he was lacking in Customer Service is an understatement ... in fact .... he was sullen, surly and bordering on the downright rude. He then asked me a whole load of fairly technical questions which I couldn't answer  ... nor I suspect would half the female population of this country!! He seemed rather exasperated by that - and told me I SHOULD know!! At that point - I'm afraid I got a bit short tempered with him. Things were NOT going well. By 6.45pm he hadn't found the fault and said that as he finished at 6.30pm he had to go but he would be back the next day and it would definitely be fixed then. He told me he started at 8am and asked if that was OK to come back then. I agreed.

Guess what ....... no sign of him at 8am. I stayed in ALL DAY .... not a peep from him or BT and here we are on Tuesday 7th September and I am still waiting.

What ever happened to good old fashioned BT Customer Service?

Sorry to bore you all - but hey .... I had to get it off my chest! I hope this isn't typical of BT Service - because otherwise they won't have any other customers left soon. I shall vote with my feet if I don't get compensation and a BIG apology.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Disgraceful Customer "Service"

Hi RhydowenDi

Sorry about this.  Certainly sounds frustrating.

I'll get this back on track for you.  Could you send me in an email please wth your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the address in my profile.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings