spendleb
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Disgusted at BT

completed their 'moving house' form yesterday morning, chose my move date and submitted the form, received a confirmation within 10 minutes but they had ignored the move date and changed it to today! Called (India) and they said they could amend the switch on date at my new apartment but could not cancel the switch off at my old apartment (the one I am still in for 3 weeks!), anyway she promised she would try and activate it again today.

So I received a phone call ten minutes ago saying she was very happy as she has managed to keep my phone line activated, great I though until she dropped the bombshell that my broadband has been cancelled too and she can't reactivate it but I will have it back at my new place on the 27th 

I said that's not good enough, I work from home (said this to just stress the urgency) and need it for Monday morning, she now reckons it will take 5 'working days' to reactivate it!!!! 

Now get another phone call saying I can't have it at all and they can't reactivate it but they will refund the cost of a Dongle from the BT Shop, they are only 1Gb and I need to use SKYPE every day!!   Checked and despite her suggesting they are £40 they are actually £101 anyway.

Now had two online chats, one was with a very rude advisor who said nothing they can do and one with an advisor who thinks it's all OK and will be switched on tonight despite everyone else saying the opposite?

No idea what to do as I can't be without BB until I move on the 27th July, tempted to just cancel everything and move from BT but even that won't give me BB for the next three weeks Cat Mad

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Disgusted at BT

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings