cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Disgusted in BT service

Where do I start???? I joined BT in October/November, so not that long ago and it has been the biggest headache and biggest mistake I've ever made. From the beginning there was a very long delay in getting the broadband installed, then there was a problem with my account, for some reason they closed my account then opened up a new one. No one could find what account was mine, when I rang I was told there was never another account. I stupidly paid the line rental up front for the year but was then continued to be charged line rental on my bill, which when I complained about originally was told that I had not paid it there was no proof even though they took the money out of my account. Then they eventually 'resolved' this issue by following my line rental over until next January which ilI explained would not be beneficial for me as I will NOT be with BT next January. They then told me they would not refund me for being overcharged until I end with BT. I rang earlier today to get a refund for the line rental saver for the year because I've had enough and was told on their system they had 'refunded' it to me already. The lady I spoke to was extremely rude to me I was actually laughing, and apparently a manager is going to call me tomorrow, yeah right!! Ahhhhhh!! I have had enough of BT and have wasted hours and hours of my life trying to resolved issues, and being self employed that is my earnings I'm losing. I would not recomend BT to anyone ever ever ever! Their customer service is disgusting!!! I think I should take this further and make it more public how disgraceful their service is??? Sorry for the essay but it is so painful!
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Disgusted in BT service

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Ok thanks
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 17

Hi @AntSty,

There's no need to apologise for posting all of that. You should have had an easy start from the beginning. This will take us a bit of time to look into. I think it's best if you get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few days before we can pick it up but we'll do all we can to get it resolved.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Another update on the terrible BT customer service. The same rude woman as yestersay rings me today saying before I can speak to a manager I need to give her my account number and sort code because apparently its showing I've been refunded the line rental saver already, even though I sent screen shots of my bank statements. I explained that I do not feel comfortable to give my bank details over the phone to someone whose just called me, she argued with me for a while and when I asked to speak to a manager she said ok and hangs up on me. How lovely. Thanks BT for ruining my day and putting me in a bad mood. I am really getting quite severely stressed by all this now. Had enough!
0 Ratings
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Seriously what the hell is going on BT. Another phone call from a random number from a manager asking for my bank account details. How can they claim that they have no record of me paying my line rental up front. I seriously do not know what more to do. I do not feel comfortable giving my bank details over the phone to someone calling me up. I can't understand how they cannot see on thier system that I HAVE PAID. Why won't they give me my money back. I have just got off the phone and I am in tears from this stress they are putting me through. Please can someone in this country sort this problem out I have had enough of talking to people in another country who haven't got a clue. Also who do i contact to take this issue further and make my complaint be recognised.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Did you contact Daniel'S and take up his offer of help if not I recommend you do it will then be personally owned until resolved and you will have a single point of contact in the UK and then you no longer need to deal with the call centres
0 Ratings
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Thank you for your reply. I did contact Daniel and he left me a voicemail yesterday saying that he was looking into the problem but that a manager was going to call me today. The manager from india rang me and asked for my bank details, I am not going to give my bank details over the phone and do not understand why I should have to. Absolutely ridiculous!
0 Ratings
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Hello, please can you help me once again another problem with BT surprise surprise and I am NOT ringing BT customer service again to be on the phone for another wasted hour of my life. Can you please look into this, I was promised a week ago finally that I would get a refund on the upfront line rental I paid around £205. The manager I spoke to confirmed that it would take up to 7 days to refund it into my account. Well it's been a week and shocker there is no money in my account. The managers name was 'Mayukh' and the reference number was: ***EDITED***
If need be you can read the transcript of our conversation where he confirmed I will get a refund. Please let me know I have had ENOUGH!!!

0 Ratings
AntSty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Please can someone respond, this issue has still not been resolved. DanielS can you please help me with this situation I refuse to ring the call centre again.
0 Ratings