cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Disgusted of Hampshire

I am about to get rid of BT for the final time due to their blatent lying and disgusting customer service with relation to the Infinity roll out.

I went back to BT after about 10 years with Virgin (previously NTL) about 2 years ago.

I enquired about Infinity and was told I could recieve it on my number (which was the same number I ported from BT all those years ago).

On the day that the engineer came to bring my modem, he informed me that I actually couldn't get infinity- it was not due until December 2011 in Cosham.

I was a little more than "dissapointed" (I won't swear but believe me - I feel like it!).

December came and the "When will I get Infinity" site tole me it was now March 2012.

March came - guess what? The web site now says June 2012

June comes - you've guessed it - September is my new date.

I called them to get confirmation that my exchange would be updated in September and was assured it would be.

September came - the date now says December 2012!

I called again to be told that "Poor old BT was running a little behind because it had been raining this year!!! 

I've now looked and guess what?

Yep - it's now March 2013!!

I pay the same price for my (maximum) 1Mb download as I would pay for infinity.

I regualrly work in an area which means I have to liaise with BT to get new lines / services into sites for a national infrastructure business - I regularly get one BT engineer turning up to fix the master box, only to tell me he hasn't bought the modem because that's someone elses job.

When "the modem man" turns up, neither of them can run the secondary box for the alarm system as "It's someone elses job".  I know how badly the company is run and how much contempt they have for their customers - both business and private

BT - you can stick your poor service "where the sun don't shine" - what a disgusting excuse for a company.

You've had the last months money out of me - I'm going back to Cable (not my favourite, but at least they don't continually lie!)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is suffering this, but I've decided to do something about it!

It's only a shame that I can't get to speak to somebody at BT who is within 2000 miles of where I live, who is not reading off a computer screen. I'd happily tell them exactly what I think of the company.

Give me Mr Ian Livingston's number and I'll tell him what I think of his company.

The other company renowned for it's total contempt for customer services is PC World - I wonder who used to run that one eh???

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Disgusted of Hampshire

Why would bt fit your alarm for you?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

BT don't fit the alarm, they provide the comms required to monitor the alarm - it's a BT line required for the "Red Care" service that are used by certain governament and national infrastructure companies who have to have guarenteed lines and internet speeds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 13

YouRe: Disgusted of Hampshire

You do understand that the engineers arent all trained to do everything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 13

Re: YouRe: Disgusted of Hampshire

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

You do understand that the engineers arent all trained to do everything.

Though the majority of them don't have basis knowledge of other type of fittings that maybe asked while they're present, I personally think they should have small knowledge about every area BT Openreach install where a customer is used. This appears a lot more professional of a company as your employees are well trained and have decent knowledge in the field.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Being an Engineer myself, I do understand this.

I also uderstand that the word "Engineer" is far too often used to describe unskilled people who follow routines in manuals written by ENGINEERS.

I wasn't looking for a discussion into the competentancy of the average BT "Engineer" - I know quite a few, some good, some not so good.

I'm not blaming the "Engineer" by any means for what ever is in their job description.

Did you have a reason for your comments, or are you looking to justify BT's inability to stick to any kind of schedule for the roll out of thier "Flagship" service?

I have an issue with the company, not the "staff".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 13

Is it going to be BT Retail you are ditching or Openreach? As they are 2 seperate companys.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Ah a fellow Engineer who agrees the Openreach do not employ Engineers 🙂

Technicians would be better suited as the title Engineer has become a good marketing tool to cover just about anything that involves fiddling about with something in the eyes of Joe Public.

Engineers do not fix plumbing, cars, tv's, washing machines etc.

We spend (although not in all cases I hasten to add for fear of offending someone in the vaste field of Engineering) much of our day sat in front of computers or desks, designing, doing calculations, planning, project managing, dealing with quality issues, research and development, writing manufacturing/technical/installation/ instructions, writing procurement specifications, attending meetings and many other exciting things the general population do not get to see. At no point do we generally need a spanner, welding set, lathe, staple gun, circuit tester or any other tool for that matter.

Oh yeah I almost forgot the main thing we do; drinking tea and/or coffee hopefully with a free cake that someone has brought in to the office for a birthday 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Dave, I'm going to take all of my accounts away from BT.

My landline - like many others, I am sure, is only used to recieve calls from "cold sellers" or elderly parents who still think that calling a mobile number is going to cost them £1/minute.

It is the Openreach service that I have specific issues with.

Maybe I didn't need to mention "professional" experience in my original post - it's Sunday night, I've had a few beers and I'm p1553d off with having wasted close on 2 years money on an internet "service" that is almost unusable.

I seriously NEVER get over 1Mb. I use my mobile phone as a hub, as I get 6Mb via my 3G.

I waste over £40/month on a phone that is never used and an internet "service" that is useless.

Most people don't remember the "Blue Line" - I pay premium rate for it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I think we must work at the same place!!

I love Birthdays!!!Smiley Happy

0 Ratings