cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Distance to the cabinet and speed / Openreach modem

NOSTIE my HG612 would have lost connection at 4.5dB on my longer line and i Known some users could get as low as 1dB on shorter lines. So it may be a good idea to get a unlocked HG612 and monitor your line stats for a while to see whats going on 🙂

0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 12 of 15

Like this 24Hour SNRM.png

0 Ratings
N0STIE
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Yes I used to monitor the noise margin one day on some vdsl stats website as I don't have Huawei modem yet, thinking of purchasing one. It is all fine during daylight tho, just every 1-2 days it drops to 4.5dB when it becomes dark. Now its 6.3dB, was 5.9dB in the evening but anyway tomorrow afternoon it will drop to 4.5dB again then reboot will be required to use the internet.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 14 of 15

Lucky to have both an unlocked eci/r & hg612 3b after taking the great advice from the guru posters on here 

The main difference is the hg612 3b is a lot more user friendly & everything "just works" which is always a bonus for us who are not that technical minded  🙂

Don't think I would of had infinity this long if it wasn't for the unlocked modems calming the line down after the complete mess the hh5a made of the connection.

The line has been in Fast Mode for the best part of a  year - dispite me swapping modems around and the odd power plug disconnection mishap.....

0 Ratings
N0STIE
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

@Barry57

So do you recommend Huawei HG612 3b? Shall I get it even if I am on ECI cabinet? Will it help me to get out of heavy interleaving depth? Do I have to buy unlocked one or can I unlock it myself?

By the way the connection is alive for 2 days and 7 hours now, noise margin is 6.2dB and not dropping, will see tomorrow.

0 Ratings