cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbro1095
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Dlink & Wireless Help

Hello, I'm goign to cut a long story short and say thank you now for taking your time reading this..

I've just bought a summer house and the wireless from the house is not good enough, I just purchased some netgear things, you plug them int he power and it gives you a internet connect through the other port

(http://www.littlewoods.com/powerline-av200-ultra-adapter-kit-xavb2001/926711994.prd?browseToken=%2fb...)

Now the connect is perfect on the playstation and PC its so quick but I woudl now some how like to put a router out there so I can use the pc and ps3 at the same time, i also have a iphone 4 so that is going to need it. I have purchased a bt home home, same one as I have indoors but how will I put a connection it? The cable running off the netgear plug thing is a ethernet cable..

Please help, im so close!

- Hayden

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Dlink & Wireless Help

this may help  http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/repeaterhubswired.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hbro1095
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply, thats what i want to do more or less but the lead i was given as default is a ethernet to ethernet but it needs to be an ethernet to the broadband socket to get a connection.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

would it not be the ethernet to ethernet as connection to 2nd hub would be etherent not modem cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hbro1095
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thats what I thought it woud have been, it dontchange when i put it in any other the 4 enthernet ports. Not connection or change in lights.

0 Ratings
hbro1095
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I've been trying some thing around and I've reset the main bt home hub to the default settings and once I connect the 2nd one via enthernet it then diconnects the main line and just says connection problem. Maybe a setting in the home hub panel?

0 Ratings