cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
73henny
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Do I have Infinity?

I should of course know this, but after today's events I'm not sure.

Today was my activation date for Infinity 1. 8am this morning the phone and BB went off. I went off to work and came home and plugged in my new HH5. It connected, but while starting up my wife mentioned the phone wasn't working. Turns out I now have no phone line, and appear to be still connected to ADSL as my speeds are 10up,0.4 down. This is slightly higher than the 6-7 up I was getting. Called BT in disgust, they tell me theres a fault at the exchange and thats why my phone isnt working, and that my Infinity has been activated. I hope it hasn't as the speed is way slower than the 22-28mbps I was expecting. I think the 'engineers' have cocked up my switch over/activation and didn't check it was working correctly. I've now got to wait another 3 days for another 'engineer' to go back and fix the cockup that happened today. Thanks BT, brilliant service. 

So is there any way I can check if my Infinity has been activated? I can't understand how the phone is off but the BB still on either?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Do I have Infinity?

If your phone is not working your broadband can still work but it will be slow

go to hub manage then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
73henny
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1609000370
3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated 17/5/2016
4. Board version: 01A
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 01:45:45
6. Data Rate: 483 / 15763
7. Maximum Data Rate: 479 / 15791
8. Noise Margin: 5.8 / 6.1
9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 40.6
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 84.6 MB / 2.0 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: No

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Looks like FTTC but very low due to the phoneline problem. Once phone is working the speeds will I,prove

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
73henny
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thanks again.

I perhaps should have mentioned, when plugging my HH4 back in it wouldn't connect to the BB at all - just the flashing red light. This seems odd as I was under the impression that the HH4 was FTTC compatible?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

The hh4 will not work on fibre without a separate modem but the hh5 will work on its own

73henny
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

So I now have Infinity!. Engineer fixed their cockup, and the speed went up to 22meg. I had to replace the splinter that came with the HH5 as it was faulty too.
What I'm not sure about now is why I'm connected at 25meg when it says my line can do 30meg?

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1609000370
3. Firmware version: v0.07.05.0A13-BT (Type B) Last updated 17/5/2016
4. Board version: 01A
5. VDSL uptime: 1 days, 00:06:28
6. Data Rate: 4229 / 25632
7. Maximum Data Rate: 5066 / 30481
8. Noise Margin: 5.9 / 6.1
9. Line Attenuation: 34.9 / 26.7
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 458.5 MB / 21.1 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

That is normal the you actual is below attainable. Just check other posts and you will see there is a difference some less than you and some more. Your noise margin is normal about 6db so don't see any likely change to speed

73henny
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for your prompt reply. When I look at the results I got further up the thread it shows the connection speed was the same as the attainable speed so assumed that was always the case unless there was an issue with the line? 

0 Ratings