cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Do not join BT sport! I cancelled a year ago yet out of the blue …

... in August 2015 BT Sport hoovered £50 out of my bank account.

I had cancelled BT sport in 2014 when my team were relegated and now out of the blue without any authorization from me they take my money. A year after cancellation!

Their phone system is a joke. I was on the phone for half an hour (I timed it) just to cancel a contract I had NOT taken out.

A guy rang me back who refused to listen when I pointed out that had I cancelled the service, that I had not been having the service since September 2014 and not been paying for the service. All he kept saying was that I hadn’t cancelled until today! Whenever I tried to point out the previous points he just talked across me.

Why have you not been charging me then? I kept asked him.

He refused to give me any address to complain to but did give me an address which will provide a recording of the phone call for £10!

Offcom will not involve themselves in matters of billing and BT have no means of discussing the issue.

My advice to all is to stay away from a bunch of rogues who will flush money out of your account a year after cancellation.

Steven

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Do not join BT sport! I cancelled a year ago yet out of the blue …

Hi steveceltic,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry about the issues you've had with your bill. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll look into this further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you NeilO, those are the first polite words I have heard from BT.

Appreciated.

Sadly I cannot see 'contact the mods' link on your profile page.

Steven

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

NeilO may not be on duty today, so I have asked for another link to be posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi Steven,

The link should be there, you need to click on my username and it's on the left side of the screen under the about me section.

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings