cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Do you get new wiring and a new socket when you get BT Infinity installed?

The reason I am asking is because I still have the original wiring in my house from when my parents got the phone line installed over 40 years ago. (All BT did was take a spur from the old junction box and added a modern socket) The socket is also very badly located right next to my electric cooker. BT want £130 to move the existing socket, so I am wondering if I would be better waiting until Infinity becomes available in my area, rather than part with more money to BT Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Do you get new wiring and a new socket when you get BT Infinity installed?

Don't pay BT, just move the socket yourself. They are really not that hard to do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

or just grap a rj11>rj45 converter and run cat 5 up to your pc or outher convinent place

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

If/when you have Infinity installed the Openreach engineer will generally be accommodating to requests such as this (provide lots of tea) but failing that they'll run a data extension cable and locate a dedicated VDSL socket to a location within 30 meters.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings