Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin--W
Retired BT Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: Does 5.1 surround work at all ?

Hello all

I have a UHD box at home with an Onkyo Home Cinema set up - I usually have the UHD box connected by HDMI straight into the Onkyo - the sound coming through is DD.

I usually watch Netflix on the TV app - this goes back to the Onkyo using the ARC (audio return channel) on the HDMI and on my Panasonic TV I am pretty sure the ARC does support DD.  I shall check.

When I get home this evening I will have a play (and try the UHD box direct into the TV) and check various set ups and let you know.

Martin.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 12 of 13

good news, it's fixed !

As per suggestion from Martin I removed the SPDIF cable from back of box/ rebooted every thing/ toggled stereo/surround each output since sat on AD button again whilst fiddling LOL

Please to say  HDMI is now sending  Dolby Digital Yey ! So it looks like having both SPDIF and HDMI connected was the problem, no idea why though. #weirdbug

On my freesat you can see the audio info page on the amp momentarily goes blank when changing channels, and UHD box is now doing this too.

I also removed an unused HDMI splitter box that the BT engineer left when he installed the box although not sure if this is relevant since it only started working after I'd removed the optical cable.

Sorry for long post, thanks for help Martin much appreciated, I'll send this to you via email too.

0 Ratings
Martin--W
Retired BT Expert
Message 13 of 13

Glad you have got it sorted.

Just to confirm about the ARC - on my Panasonic to Onkyo, it does support DD.

Thanks

Martin.

0 Ratings