cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 23

Re: Does Anyone Have BT Infinity 80Mb / 160Mb / Availability Information?

I would contact the Mods and get them to have a look at your IP profile. There's no way you should get anything other than 160/20 as FTTP is not distance related like FTTC is.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
naveed
Beginner
Message 22 of 23

Thanks, I'll probably do that as soon as I can get a laptop with a gigabit ethernet to perform a more accurate test. The PS3 situation is the only thing baffling me, the darn thing has a gigabit ethernet and is wired 😕 Would be really good to have some PS3 setup/statistical information for users that have 160 FTTP and are receiving top speeds on their PS3.

0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 23

I have 160Mb FTTH/P and using speedtest.net I regularly see speeds in excess of 200/20 when connected directly via gig ethernet from my Mac. Interestingly though, when I use mains home plugs to connect devices to the hub the speed drops to 40/20. The quality of the chipset in the various devices I use also seems to result in quite variable results i.e. my iphone tops out at about 30mbps download, but I would actually expect this to be the case.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings