cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Does BT INFINITY USE THE OLD PROFILING SYSTEM?

Go to solution

I was wondering if the infinity broadband is using the old profiling system instead of rate adaptive, as my profile wont change with my sync speed, it been like this since 2months after i started the contract, sometimes my profile wont even adjust after 3 days, like il be syncing at 50meg which im doing now, but my profile is only 41meg, its been over 3 days and still no change, my link status restarted 1 day ago but no change on profile, now its been this way as i said 2months after i had the contract, i did mention it once to one of the mods but he felt that because ive been having so many bandwidth issues that trying to sort it out could lead to more, is it worth chasing it up and getting it fixed?.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does BT INFINITY USE THE OLD PROFILING SYSTEM?

Go to solution

Post your speed test results from the following link, including your upload and download profiles. http://www.speedtester.bt.com/

Select ADSL & Fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) Diagnostics

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Its still rate adaptive, but its still slow to react to improving sync speeds.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the router (NOT modem)?

The profile is in two parts.  

DLM at the cabinet controls the sync speed (cabinet<->modem); and IP/BRAS profile at the exchange controls the max rate data will be sent to the cabinet.

DLM adapts; usually quickly down but often slowly (2-3 weeks) up.  Unless cabinet<->modem connection is actually lost, DLM usually schedules changes to happen around 2:00 am when it forces a reconnection; this is automatic.

The IP/BRAS profile is reset to match current sync speed whenever a new pppoe connection is forced between router and exchange.  DLM forcing a low level reconnect for new sync speed is sometimes enough to force the pppoe connection to be lost, in which case the router will reconnect and the reconnect will force the correct profile.  Sometimes, the modem reconnects the low level connection fast enough that the router does not notice it was lost.  In that case the pppoe connection remains open; no new pppoe connection is forced, and the IP profile does not match the new sync until you force a new pppeo connection (eg by disconnect/reconnect the router).

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thankyou, restarting the router worked, thanks for the tip, ill remember that for next time. Although when i was speaking to one of the mods a while ago my profile was actually stuck and nothing would change it, this is going back months though.

0 Ratings