cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Does activation of bt sport on bt tv require new order?

I've just received a bt youview box with entertainment plus package. I'm a bit of a virgin when it comes to bt sport -when I attempt to view the sport channel it tells me I haven't subscribed to it yet and when I follow the online link it rather looks as though a new order is being begun, with, presumably, a new start date. All I want to do is activate the bt sport channels that are shown as being part of the entertainment plus package -does anyone have experience of this please?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does activation of bt sport on bt tv require new order?

You really should not have to set up a separate order if you ordered that package but as it says for your package at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52653/~/what-channels-and-bolt-ons-you-get-with-the-d...

Sport 1
BT Sport 2
BT Sport Europe
BT Sport ESPN
You may need to place an order for these channels to be added to your BT TV box free of charge. If you can't view these channels you can place an order here.

so I guess you may need to put an order in.

0 Ratings
apeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply. Spoke to BT couple of days ago and they said they'd set the sport channels up-still not working yet so I'll give them a further day before tackling them again.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 7

Hi @apeman,

Hopefully you're all sorted but can you post back and let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
themusclebeach
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

If it helps, i have exactly the same issue!

I have recently upgraded broadband with BT Sport as well, can get it on the laptop, and the app, doesn't work on the TV and asks me to register....

0 Ratings
apeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I did indeed have to start a new order to actually get the BT sport which was supposed to come with the entertainment plus package that I had already purchased -to my mind this simply is not correct and appears to smack of the attempts Bt seems perenially engaged in, namely to con more and more cash from their customers rather than treating them as valued. True, I didn't have to pay anything extra this time around however the person I dealt with said that as it was a new order strictly speaking it could not run concurrently with the existing entertainment Plus package but he would add a note to my account asking that the BT sport contract be terminated at the same time as the Entertainment Plus package ends, if that makes sense to you. Whether or not this actually happens I have my doubts, I think it's more of an attempt by BT to ensure that I'm locked into a permanent cycle.

Anyway, that's my tenpenneth-worth. For me BT really needs to start thinking rather more about the service it provides to its customers -don't get me started on the speed of my fibre broadband; basically I'm told I live at the end of the street and thus the end of the cable so I'm bound to get slower speeds. When the kids are off school and all the street is online playing games I get very used to seeing the spinning wheel as the broadband tries to catch up. But you see what Bt have managed to do? -I daren't downgrade to a slower speed as heaven knows what kind of speed I would get, so they've managed to get me contracted to fibre broadband and too afraid to downgrade for fear of getting an unusable service. And BT will wonder why they lose their supposed preeminent position in the industry.

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

apeman wrote: I did indeed have to start a new order to actually get the BT sport which was supposed to come with the entertainment plus package that I had already purchased -to my mind this simply is not correct and appears to smack of the attempts Bt seems perenially engaged in, namely to con more and more cash from their customers rather than treating them as valued. True, I didn't have to pay anything extra this time around however the person I dealt with said that as it was a new order strictly speaking it could not run concurrently with the existing entertainment Plus package but he would add a note to my account asking that the BT sport contract be terminated at the same time as the Entertainment Plus package ends, if that makes sense to you. Whether or not this actually happens I have my doubts, I think it's more of an attempt by BT to ensure that I'm locked into a permanent cycle.
You’re getting yourself in a tizz over nothing. A new order isn’t a new contract and and your BT Sport on TV obligations can’t run beyond your BT TV contract end date because one needs the other. There’s no extra money involved for you to pay so there’s no attempt “to con more and more cash” out of you or any other customer. The BT system needs an order to ensure there’s a proper audit of what has been added to your account and also for their system to provision the channels. That’s all.

basically I'm told I live at the end of the street and thus the end of the cable so I'm bound to get slower speeds.
Yes, that’s the absolute factual, science-based truth.

When the kids are off school and all the street is online playing games I get very used to seeing the spinning wheel as the broadband tries to catch up. But you see what Bt have managed to do? -I daren't downgrade to a slower speed as heaven knows what kind of speed I would get, so they've managed to get me contracted to fibre broadband and too afraid to downgrade for fear of getting an unusable service.
Why would you want to downgrade to a slower package when you’re already unhappy with the slow speeds you’re getting? They can’t change physics - the longer a cable the more the strength or the signal or speed of the data travelling down it will weaken or slow. That’s true whichever broadband provider you use.

And BT will wonder why they lose their supposed preeminent position in the industry.
Except they’re not. If anything they’re growing - in each of the years since BT Sport launched BT has signed up far more broadband users than all other ISPs. They’re growing.
0 Ratings