cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonopow
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Does an Infinity install ever happen at the first time of asking?

It seems a very frequent occurrence for an Openreach engineer to turn up and install infinity at the first time of asking. In fact no one I know has achieved this.

I was due to get infinity installed yesterday after switching my phone and broadband from sky, the phone has switched with no problems.  After no contact from bt, a phone call to bt confirms a new installation in three weeks time. Which means as far as I'm aware three weeks with out any Internet connection! Add to the fact I'm actually not available in three weeks time and the earliest I can spend a day at home is in six weeks.  

I have tried calling bt today to discuss my options to try and get some sort of service sorted, but have not been able to speak to anyone despite spending approx 100 mins combined trying.

I feel let down and frustrated by bt, I don't have hours to trying waqueue on hold.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: Does an Infinity install ever happen at the first time of asking?

@Jonopow wrote:

It seems a very frequent occurrence for an Openreach engineer to turn up and install infinity at the first time of asking. In fact no one I know has achieved this.

I was due to get infinity installed yesterday after switching my phone and broadband from sky, the phone has switched with no problems.  After no contact from bt, a phone call to bt confirms a new installation in three weeks time. Which means as far as I'm aware three weeks with out any Internet connection! Add to the fact I'm actually not available in three weeks time and the earliest I can spend a day at home is in six weeks.  

I have tried calling bt today to discuss my options to try and get some sort of service sorted, but have not been able to speak to anyone despite spending approx 100 mins combined trying.

I feel let down and frustrated by bt, I don't have hours to trying waqueue on hold.

I have to disagree. My fibre install 14 months ago happened on the booked date.

I think your problem is that you had a Phone line and Broadband to transfer, and quite often this does lead to problems.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

My install happened on the day it was booked for.

11th Oct 8am - 1pm

Engineer called at 8:45am and said he was a couple of minutes away.

No problems..

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 18

why didnt you get sky fibre?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

like wise mine was due between 1pm and 6pm and the engineer phoned at 11:30am and asked if he could call earlier as his last am call was not at home
0 Ratings
niallkissick
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

In my experience, No

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 7 of 18

I was installed at the originally stated time.  I think (no proof) this is the case for most people ~ but of course forums get a disproportionate number of cases where things are not right.

0 Ratings
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

I got mine installed on the right day first time and with no active phone line.
0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 9 of 18

If I had one complaint it would be that the engineer was too early.
I took the day off work as my appointment was 08:00-13:00 and he rang about 07:45 as he lived locally and would be arriving in 10 mins.
All communication upto this point was good e.g date/time of install, notification of HH3 dispatch etc.
The install was finished by 08:30 so I could've taken a half day only but I had already changed my appointment from a Thursday to Friday and I made the most of a long weekend.

Don't make the mistake of thinking what you read on this forum is indicative of the bigger picture as most people post only when they have a problem.
0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 18

My install took place on the booked date and near the beginning of the time range.   My only issue, and it's a very minor one, was that the installer was in a mighty hurry to get on to his next call.  Fortunately I'm IT-savvy ( only worked with computers since 1968 , lol ) so I was able to find answers to  most of the questions I'd have asked him if he'd stayed a little longer.  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings