cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Don't BT want our business? Fed up with trying to get our package!

How can it be so hard to get what you ask and pay for? On the 1st of July we sign up for TV, phone and broadband as we moved houses, a month and a half later we still don't have the tv part. Open reach came out and installed it, half the stuff we asked for wasn't on his job sheet. I know it's a different company but you get sick and tired of hearing that excuse. Infinity went wrong so that was another phone call, got sorted but not without an a complaint.
And then this weekend the tv guy turns up, not been told it's a 2 room installation, didn't have the mini hubs we were told he was bringing and then wanted to drill through walls to run a cable from the hub to the tv in the back of the house. I want wifi, not cable running through the house! The engineer said it's possible so that is what I want. You would have thought that the new boxes BT are bigging up would be wifi, Sky has for ages. Or is that the next thing for people to upgrade to and sign up again.
And then today when my wife rings up to complain and try and book someone to come out and bring us the mini hub and extenders we want she gets told it won't work, cable is the only way and the engineer is wrong. And if we aren't happy go back to Sky!!! Probably the only good thing he said and I am very tempted. At least Sky worked!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Don't BT want our business? Fed up with trying to get our package!

BT YouView boxes do not support WiFi at all.  It's not considered reliable enough for the sort of live streaming channels that BT uses.

The alternative is powerline adaptors.  They are still not officially supported bty BT, and might not work on the HD channels.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

The live streaming channels they use are the same I've had on sky, catch up mainly. Even had them on the PlayStation. Not bothered about them being hd.
What does bother me is a customer service department that aren't interested and don't want to help and are basically rude. Being told to "cancel then and go back to sky" isn't great service.
And on the smart hub box BT advertise the use of powerline adaptors, running cable from one side of the house to the other is a backward step.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

For most people, powerline adaptors work fine for SD and HD.  Maybe even UltraHD.  But the speed you get through them depends on your home electrical wiring, so BT avoid telling you that they will definitely work.

0 Ratings