cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjd-1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Don't bother with Smart Hub 6 - just doesnt work or deliver.

So BT gave me a free Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) so I shouldnt complain.... but it just is rubbisha dn not working.

I moved from a HH5 which got a little hot and wasnt great for wifi reach.  BUT the issues with the new Smart Hub are:

- Sonos system doesnt work properly - Sonos are aware and working with BT to resolve (issue with BT)

- iPads will not connect to wifi on any band or variation of bands or channels or modes

- iPhones will connect BUT will lose connection if not used so then you have to connect again

- Passwords for wifi networks not seem to be remembered.

So I popped the HH5 back on and it was like a absys was removed from my tooth.

So BT, come on.  You cannot release something that just doesnt work. Whats going on?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Don't bother with Smart Hub 6 - just doesnt work or deliver.

I reverted back to HH5 on Saturday after 3 weeks of misery with HH6. Documented elsewhere on this forum.

I alsò mentioned that the SmartHub is not compatible with Gramofon music streaming devices. You have the posh Sonos. I have Gramofon devices. This was just one issue. But anyone who has invested in music streaming devices for the home should avoid Smarthub. The Gramofon people are quite upfront about it and say that the SmartHub is not compatible.

Nowhere in the glowing write-ups about BT Smarthub has this incompatibility issue been mentioned.

Ian

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

@Pumps100 said "The Gramofon people are quite upfront about it and say that the SmartHub is not compatible".

Are you able to provide technical details of what the Gramofon people have said with respect incompatibility? It would be useful to have to help understand whether it might affect other streaming services, and also help BT to resolve the issue.

Regards

Pumps100
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

You read my mind. I am preparing something and will post on a new thread this afternoon.
0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings