Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: Dongle.

Ian2011, Im sorry but I think you missed the point:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-TOTAL-BB-R1

There is no mention of any dongle free or otherwise.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Ty PC for some useful information.

Toek, I think I got the point as I stated in my previous post, "looks like I will have to fork out more money and buy one" So I clearly got the point. You clearly missed the point in me stating that BT doesn't supply a free dongle and many other ISPs do.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 17

Virgin Media supply a Netgear N router and a wireless N dongle as part of the package,I was with NTL then Virgin for 10 years.
I am not advertising VM,just answering the OP`s question.
Imo BT should supply a dongle,but I quess it`s thier choice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 14 of 17

VM now only supply their own branded S****hub (currently made by netgear) for 30MB+ packages and only supply a free dongle with their 50MB and 100MB packages. 

Hauwei will be making their hubs in the future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 15 of 17

@PC wrote:

----------//--------

On another point not related.... If anyone is replying in this thread could you mention if this/my post is displayed with a pinky/cream background. It shows like that on my computer after I edited it... and I did not select the Hi-Light this message in the options box, just the edit reply.

Thank you.... PC

Mine shows like that after an edit only when the edit is posted. it reverts back to normal after.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 17

Your post looks fine PC,it shows as a pinky colour during editing if the editor thinks it has html code it the message,but if you just ignore it and save the edit it usually works.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 17

Thanks Pip and Ironman,

I was confused that some of my posts return to normal after editing and others stay with the pinky/cream background such as THIS ONE.

I have noticed when posting or editing the message that there is an error and I need to change something... but I don't notice what the error is so just re-post it a second time and it always works.... and yet I've made no changes.

But it looks like the page stays highlighted. I've wondered why.

Thank you both for helping me and I apologise to the OP for hijacking his thread.

-----------//-----------

A few more adapters Here and the even smaller nano type HERE = Manufacturers info HERE

I haven't used the nano type.... wonder how good it's wireless connectivity might be due to it's size.

Where do they hide it's aerial?

Edit I don't work for Edimax.... honestly Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings