Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treborf
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Down stream significantly reduced

Hello

Yesterday my line went completely dead - no tone or Infinity 1 connection for around 5 minutes. It came back up and all was well again.

This morning I noticed the HH6 rebooting itself and the downstream and subseqent download speed have been significantly reduced.

I ran a speed test through the router page and was told all was well! - even though I've lost some 9mb/s!!

I've checked for faults in the local area, but there are none to mention, but I see there's an open fault on my broadband. This coencided with the speedtest but I'd didn't report a fault - I simply performed a speed test. Would this mean that there is an issue with my line or is it simply the protocol of running a speed test?

Many thanks in advance,

Rob F.

Exchange Kingsmead / Cabinet 43

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.02.39.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Down stream significantly reduced

Have you still got a dial tone? Have you done the quiet line test if you have a dial tone by calling 17070?

Can you post the connection stats from your router?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
treborf
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Webby

Many thanks for your reply!

I've still got a ring tone and the quiet test seems to be 'quiet' - no significant hum.

Attached are the router stats Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.14.53.png

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Do you have the ability to see the maximum data rate and the noise margin?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
treborf
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

There's nothing on the router page to suggest these stats are available - can they be obtained elsewhere?

0 Ratings
treborf
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Apologies, found them. I was typically getting 32mb/s but now it's around 24Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.37.48.png

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Can you remove the faceplate from yur master socket and connect the router to the test socket using a filter and then repost the stats from the router when in the test socket?

I understand nothing in your house has changed but to rule out the chance of getting charged for an engineer visit you'll need to do it.
0 Ratings
treborf
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thanks again for the reply.

Via my account BT there's an acknowledgement that there's a broadband fault.

Thanks for your help

Rob.

0 Ratings