Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Downgrade from BT Infinity 2 to 1 not progressing

Hi folks,

Not sure if this would be better placed somewhere else but basically I'm downgrading from BT Infinity 2 (80/20) to BT Infinity 1 (40/10) and my order was due to complete on Monday May 20th. However it's continuing to show as in progress and a message says:

"Your Broadband order is in hand with a member of our team and we will keep you updated with progress. Please continue to check online for further updates".

I called BT on Thursday 23rd last week and was told that it would complete that day as there needed to be some change made which had now been done. However its now the 28th and still no change either to the order status or my connection at home (still getting 80/20).

I've two questions:

1. Does anyone know exactly what the issue is likely to be here and who can sort this for me? At the moment I'm guessing its Openreach maybe not getting out to the Infinity box to make the change?

2. How will this impact my billing? Am I going to continue to be charged the higher Infinity 2 price until this order gets completed or will I start paying the lower Infinity 1 price from the May 20th date I was given?

Cheers

Rob

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Downgrade from BT Infinity 2 to 1 not progressing

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. I tried the live chat but then also had to speak to BT this morning. I'm being told the change was made but the order didn't get updated to show completed. They also said they will ensure the bill change is made from the original May 20th date.

They will call me in next 24 hrs to confirm its all resolved so fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

please post back if you need further help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Ok starting to get a little annoyed now. No phone call back from BT within 24 hrs as promised and just now I was called twice from 08000285085 and both times hung up on after very briefly speaking to someone I assume from BT India.

I've opened an incident to the forum mods and would greatly appreciate if they could get back to me on this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

the forum mods will normally contact you personally within 3 working days by either email or phone
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Ok so its been 6 days (4 working days) now since I contacted the forum mods and still nothing. Is there a way I can get them to look into this asap?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

if there mail queue is busier than normal they may take longer than the normal 3 working days but they will contact you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Forum mods got back to me and seems there was a problem with the supplier (assume they mean Openreach) dropping the speed down to 40/10. Completed yesterday and order has now been marked as completed. So now just a waiting game till my next bill to make sure I'm charged the lower price from the original date and not from yesterday....
0 Ratings