cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 1 of 36

Downgrade from Option 2 to option 1?

When I first joined BT I was advised that, as there was likely to be a speed increase soon, I should go for Option 2. FOUR years later and I am only getting 28Mbps! When I was forst connected I was getting 37Mbps. I feel I was duped into the higher charge and want to either leave or downgrade to Option 1 but there seems to be no way of doing this. I am paying £53.49 for Option 2, line rental and unlimited anytime calls... but getting speeds worse than 'promised' by Option 1. Does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 2 of 36

Re: Downgrade from Option 2 to option 1?

I forgot to mention; the BT Broadband Availability Checker reports this for my number; High Low High Low VDSL Range A (Clean) 49.1 35 10.2 6.9 VDSL Range B (Impacted) 40 24.1 8.7 4.8
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 36

Hi @DorsetWeevil and thanks for posting.

Our order live chat team should be able to get that arranged for you so can you give them a try and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 4 of 36

Thank you for the fast reply. I will try them again, but I spent a long, infuriating time 'chatting' last week. This ended with a promise of a phone call from someone who would know all about the problem and be able to help. A short while later I got a phone call and then put through to someone in sales who had no idea who I was or why I was calling (it was they who contacted me!). No record of any of the information was transferred... I was made to feel like an idiot! By this time, almost an hour had passed and I just couldn't face going through all the ID checks and re-telling the same tale. I'm currently trying again with 'chat'...
0 Ratings
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 5 of 36

Hmmmn... After the chat, I was again put through to 'sales'... I just got talked into a 'special' package for £55.99 per month for broadband, line rental and anytime calls (rising to £59.99 after 12 months). I was told that the speed should increase, but I am unsure why this would suddenly happen following a contract change with no talk of resetting the line.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 36

Your speed will not increase just because you have gone onto a different contract. What was the estimated speed range that the sales rep said you were on and what speed is it meant to rise to?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 7 of 36

I was told that once the new contract starts tomorrow I will get an increased speed of at least 32Mbps. I have run the tests and takenb screen shots but can't include them here... how do I add them?
0 Ratings
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 8 of 36

Forum info about how to post pics seems incorrect - I can't see any 'editors toolbar' with an 'insert image' button". Broadband Availability Checker Results; High Low High Low VDSL Range A (Clean) 49.1 35 10.2 6.9 VDSL Range B (Impacted) 40 24.1 8.7 4.8
0 Ratings
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 9 of 36

... and sorry but I didn;t format it like that! It was in a nice grid. Hopefully you can make sense of it?!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 36

You should, according to that estimate, get somewhere between 35Mbps and 49Mbps.

You should be getting that just now if everything is working correctly. It will not change just because you have re-contracted.

Can you post the other information I requested. 

0 Ratings