Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plus91uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Downgrade or not

Go to solution

I currently have unlimited Infinity2 but my contract is up next month will i notice a differnce if down grade to Infinty 1 i have attched a screen shot of hub stats 

HubApril16.png

The reason i ask is that when i go to the adsl speed checker the speeds have dropped since i had it last Nov 15

Nov15.png

and now

Spped April16.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Downgrade or not

Go to solution
You're currently connected at 66meg. Infinity 1 has a max connection speed of 55meg. So you would see around a 10meg drop in speed.

However, you probably won't even notice it.

For perspective, 52meg (the max throughput you'll get on Infinity 1) is still enough to stream something like 10 HD streams simulatenously from the BBC Iplayer.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

you would drop 11mb in connectuion speed and about same in download speed and if you don't download a lot of large file even though you and others in family stream a lot then moving  to infinity 1 is probably worth saving money  your up stream is only 12mb so dropping to 10mb on infinity 1 will not be noticable so again good reason to save money and move to infinity 1

if you decide to move to infinity 1 then phone options team who are uk based and they will help  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
plus91uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Just called them very helpfull call centre and easy, managed to keep the same speed as on now but got a £7 mth discount new price starts from tomorrow even though my 18 months was not up till end May 

Well happy Smiley Very Happy

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Perfect 😄
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Great result 😞
0 Ratings