cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirkhamcat
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Downgrading phone package

We have a BT phone and broadband package at a house we are using as a temporary second home.  The phone package is not needed but we want to keep the broadband service so we need to keep the landline.  Can we cancel the package and just have landline with pay as you go calls without starting a new contract?  We don't want to commit to a 12 month contract because we won't be ther that long.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Downgrading phone package

All basic BT phone packages come with free weekend calls, that is the minimum package.

The broadband package will run until the end of your broadband contract period, after which, 30 days notice is needed for cancellation.

0 Ratings
kirkhamcat
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply Keith. The phone line has an unlimited anytime plan. The bill shows this bundled with the broadband so I don't know how much less it could be on a minimum package. Everything I have found so far implies I would have to take out a new 12 month contract to downgrade.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Give the options team a call on 0800 800 030 and see what they can come up with. They are UK based.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

kirkhamcat
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

That only allows me to upgrade or add features to the calling plan, not move to a lower plan

0 Ratings