cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Download slower than dial up

On BT Infinity I downloaded a 22mb file in the morning in less than 2 mins. I tried to download the same file in the evening and it was going to take over 2 hours. I have tried different sites and it is the same thing all downloads in the evening are as slow as dial up or worse. I just got Infinity last week, this is not an acceptable download speed for the price which is being charged. This must be contravening the terms of the contract and making it null and void. If I wanted dial up I would have purchased it. Has any one else got the same problem.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Download slower than dial up

@dodge wrote:

On BT Infinity I downloaded a 22mb file in the morning in less than 2 mins. I tried to download the same file in the evening and it was going to take over 2 hours. I have tried different sites and it is the same thing all downloads in the evening are as slow as dial up or worse. I just got Infinity last week, this is not an acceptable download speed for the price which is being charged. This must be contravening the terms of the contract and making it null and void. If I wanted dial up I would have purchased it. Has any one else got the same problem.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

May I ask where you were downloading the file(s) from ? Is it using p2p access ?

p2p is pretty much reduced to a trickle for all users at peak times (e.g. evenings). It could also be that the place you are downloading files from is also busy in the evening, hence the web host itself can't provide the higher speed access.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Download slower than dial up

It was from auto fx. it was a demo of one of there plugins. i also tried other websites that i have used in the past that were all showing the same slow problem in the evening. I also use hotfile to keep some files so that when I am away from home I can get access to them. This is also extremely slow. Thanks for your reply by the way.
0 Ratings