cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 31

Re: Download speeds fallen through the floor?

@s_clarke85 wrote:

Yep, mine have dropped from 77 to now 18mb

no idea. utterly shocking.

Not even going to attempt to restart the modem of router, as I'll probably end up being stuck on a 18mb profile or something.

A factory reset of the router by pressing a pin into the recess on the rear for about 20 seconds or a soft reset by pressing the reset button on the rear will not affect the DLM or cause your IP profile to stick.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 31

I have no idea what's going on. I have hte same problem. Speeds of 77, now hovering around the 9.5 mark. This is slower than my old broadband and has been going on for more than a week. All BT can do is bleet about rebooting the modem and router then claiming there is a problem with my equipment. I did some ping test and there was no issue inside my network the problem was outside.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

I know its a pain but try a router/modem reboot, it worked for me.

I think somethings just recently changed on the BT network as I had rebooted before to no avail but I tried once more & now I have my speed back again & i too was suffering this 20Mbps speed limit. Now I can download at 80Mbps over NNTP again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Nope that's just made it worse. I was getting speeds of 9.55 now I'm getting speeds of 9.46. Joy.

The ping latency is 44.63.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 25 of 31

The first step should not be reboot the modem as that can make matters worse. The first step should be to get your IP Profile.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Well my ip profile is 77.44 which is the speed I was getting until this random act of BT. Interesting that the first thing BT do is tell you reboot the modem/router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 27 of 31

Yes and the other 7 nonsense instructions 🙂
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 31

I see im not the only one with the same issue. Had bt for about 2 months and suddenly speed dropped from over 70 to 20 mb.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 31

I find it more bizzare that this thread has had people from all over the country posting reporting the same issue, yet BT haven't made any comment on it nor make any mension of an issue related to this in the service status.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 31

first, try the speedtest both bt and speedtest.net

next disconnect router

restart router

reconnect router

if no improvement then reset the modem.

I only had to reset the router and it worked - if you disconnect first it will disconnect cleanly

0 Ratings