Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majordave
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Downloading Bt WiFi App

Hi,

I am trying to download the BT WiFi app onto my Tablet (Android) and onto to a Nokia E55 mob phone running on Symbian OS v9.3 (S60 3rd edition.

Download on to the android tablet went without any problems. However, when I try to download the app on the mobile phone, the BT download page advises me that the app is already installed. Searching the content of the phone does not indicate the presence of the app and I am wondering if I am only allowed one download of the app.

If this is the case can I delete the app from the tablet and then retry a download on the mob. phone.

Any advice will be appreciated.

David

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downloading Bt WiFi App

I have it installed on two phones without any problem, but they are both Android phones.

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thanks, your reply answers the query regarding being able to download the app more than once. 

I have loaded other specific android apps on the mob phone such as Google Maps.

I wish I knew why the BT download page thinks that the app is already installed on the mob phone.

Regards,

David

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

@majordave the BT wifi app requires android 4.0 or above to work or . If you have an alternative operating system on your phone this may not be compatible. 

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I think the OS is the problem. It will not be up to date enough.

In the absence of any other Ideas, I might try an Andriod simulator such as Bluestacks but the long-term solution is probably to save up for a new mob phone!!!

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

David

0 Ratings