cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Downloading at maximum speed causes BT Home Hub 3 to stop working

Hi there,

We have a BT Home Hub 3 which to be honest, is awful. Everytime someone downloads something from a source with good servers (e.g. I can DL it at the maximum speed my line allows), it prevents anyone else on the network from loading anything at all. We can roughly get 2.1MB/s, but as soon as this is reached, everyone else is kicked from the network.

How can I prevent this? It's ridiculous that everytime I want to download something which doesn't have the ability to cap the speed, I have to let the download finish, reboot the router, usually at least twice.

Really dissapointed in BTs services.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Downloading at maximum speed causes BT Home Hub 3 to stop working

none of the bt hubs allow you to allocate bandwidth to specific devices you would need to purchase a third party router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Yes I'm aware of this. That's irrelevant though. Why should the hub become unresponsive when the maximum download speed available for the line be reached?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

you are overloading the processor the device is now quite old and could also be beginning to show signs of failure if you do a hub search you will see there are quite a few assorted hub 3 problems now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

are you using a wired or wireless connection as there are numerous post about the wifi problem with HH3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

There are no wired connections - they're all wireless. What hub would you recommend? It'd be nice if it had the ability to cap download speeds of certain devices.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

try searching for adsl router with QOS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings