cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
st-clares
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Downloading emails Fails Intermittantly

We are on BT Infinity with an excellent speed.

We have between us 5 email addreses.

Why is it that at least once or twice a week one or more of the addresses we have cannot download the messages.

There have been no changes or problems on our computers. When the settings a re-entered the problem remains. indicating the problem is not our end.

Then if we are very lucky they may come in later that day or the next day.

When you are awaiting information this can on occasions be very annoying and on occasions costly both in time and money.

We access our email using Win Live Mail. We have no idea whether we have changed from BT Yahoo Mail to BT Mail, but this is and has been a long standing problem.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Downloading emails Fails Intermittantly

Make sure you have the correct settings as per this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

If you have and the emails are eventually coming through it will most likely be a problem with the mail system and not your computers. This was a common problem a while back and the "fix" was to leave things alone and the usually sorted them selves out in a day or two.

The recent problems could be connect to the email migration that is ongoing.

You can check what system you are on here

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

0 Ratings
st-clares
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

This is not a case of setting having changed. All the settings are correct and have been in the past.

We have been with BT for many years now and this problem has occurred internittantly throughout that time.

I have checked and it appears we are still on BT yahoo Mail.

I have always thought it was not my system that was playing up.

I have never had a problem where one address of a number of others on an account intermittantly would not come in with any other providers.

I would have thought a communication company of BT's size and experience could determine the reason for such a niggling problem and solve it.

Unless it is peculiar to the BT and Yahoo email systems throwing a wobbly sometimes I suspect it will be an ongoing problem after the change-over.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I suspect that it is a BTYahoo problem and hopefully after you have been migrated onto BTMail it will be no longer be a problem.

0 Ratings