cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kncowans
Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Downstream DSL Noise Margin increased from 6.0db to 12db and connection speeds dropped significa

Hello Thanks for the reply. The BT Hub has just done its bi weekly reset so the connection has now only been up since 12:30. Would it be better for me to wait another week and then post the entries from my log? Thanks in advance Kevin
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

Re: Downstream DSL Noise Margin increased from 6.0db to 12db and connection speeds dropped significa

just post the 2 lines when you have 3+ days connection time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kncowans
Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Hello

Thanks, I will post the stats on Monday.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Ratings
kncowans
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Hello

Sorry for the delay in posting the requested information.

The last two lines from my Log are:

11:40:56, 23 Jul.( 105.660000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 9.00 dB downstream
11:40:55, 23 Jul.( 104.640000) DSL line rate: 1095 Kbps upstream, 14244 Kbps downstream

Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 25 of 28

Hi kncowans,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
kelvinbridge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

You will note from  ''jolly '' as he posted ##

## if you can now maintain stable connection then DLM will drop noise margin back t 6db and increase speed###

as the disconnects are [probably] not caused by you then there is nothing that you can do  , therefore  the mods are often  unable to ofer  anything  usefull to correct whatever is causing the disconnects, some where external to your property  ,a bt openreach enginere could be working on the line anywhere , and no one can tell what is happening  , certainly not some one in a bt Call centre , or here !!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 28

@kelvinbridge

The last post on here was 3 years ago!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kelvinbridge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

so have you been able over the last 3 years to answer the question about disconnects that numerous people have  been asking ??

....so If they are having unexplained  disconnects , how on earth are they going to,  as you suggest >>>
##if you can now maintain stable connection then DLM will drop noise margin back t 6db and increase speed##???

0 Ratings