cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treecity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Downstream dropped to a third of what it was and no improvement after 3 weeks.

Hi there,

Have had builders in and they tripped over BT wire and reconnected it a day later. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Since then, my downstream has been a third of what it has been for the last year or so (I always get around 2.8mbps downstream).

I've been through the whole BT tech support on the phone but am getting nowhere.

Any chance I can get some moderator help?

Here's my latest info:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time5 days, 11:39:25
Downstream1,184 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.9 dB / 18.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)46.0 dB / 26.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)17.0 dBm / 11.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)33
Loss of Signal (Local)8
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)20642668 / 19
CRC Errors (Down/Up)1696 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 17
Error Seconds (Local)17020
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Downstream dropped to a third of what it was and no improvement after 3 weeks.

can I ask if you have tried the quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best done with corded phone  if cordless then dull hum normal

are you connected to master or test socket?  do you have other sockets apart from the master.

if this is problem with your internal wiring due to the builders tripping over the wire then it is quite possible if you get an engineer visit you could get a bill for £130 for the fix/callout

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
treecity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Downstream dropped to a third of what it was and no improvement after 3 weeks.

quiet line test was fine.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

connected directly to the master or better the test socket?  other sockets apart from the master?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings