Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Draytek 2750n

Hi,

I've searched the forums and found a few threads on this modem/router.

However a lot of the posts seem to be historic and some of the threads never seemed to come to a conclusion.

Every time I'm almost ready to hit "Buy" I read one review that says it never worked and I stop myself.

I'm on a cabinet that has had Infinity sice around May/June last year. Generally speaking, if I was to buy one of the Draytek 2750n modem/routers right now, update it to the latest firmware - would it more or less work "out of the box" once I'd gone through the correct settings?

Some of the "bad" posts I've read bout this device included not being able to connect, stuck in a loo of connecting, authenticating and then failing.

Slow upload and/or download speeds.

Does anyone know if all these issues have now been solved? Is it safe to buy one now?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Draytek 2750n

Just hold your horses there.

Draytek 2760 is due out in the spring. If you are gonna buy, you might as well buy the latest.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2760.html

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Well I hadn't seen that!

Might be a six week wait, but as you say probably worth while waiting for the latest.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Before you commit to buying any Draytek for use on Infinity I'd do a bit more reading, start with my own experience here:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Draytek-2750n-users/td-p/780090

I'd like to point out this is my own experience and others have had no problem at all but you will find quite a few others posts that seem to follow suit with my own experience. I guess it's a case of you pays your money and takes your chance, I'll probably end up selling my Draytek 2750n as it just doesn't work for me without dropping the connection and lowering my ip profile using any firmware at all. Draytek are involved in my case but so far have not come up with a solution that works, just my 2p. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings