Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattstannard
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Draytek Vigor 120 - PPPoA / PPPoE Settings - MTU and PAP / CHAP

Hi there,

I currently use a Home Hub but am trying to set up a Draytek Vigor 3300 connected to a Draytek Vigor 120 ADSL Modem.

The settings I took from the Homehub have the username bthomehub@btbroadband.com with no password.

When I plugin my Vigor Modem out of the box it connects fine to the line in that it finds out the speed details and the ADSL light is illuminated. The issue seems to be when I plug it into the Vigor 3300 and use the PPPoE part.

I can't put in a blank password so I tried bthomehub@btbroadband.com with a SPACE for a password. I left the MTU as default and the mechanism as PAP.

For some reason it doesn't connect.

What details should I put in, does the password matter, does BT use PAP or CHAP and what MTU.

M

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
geaves
Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Draytek Vigor 120 - PPPoA / PPPoE Settings - MTU and PAP / CHAP

Hm! well the user name is the same as the HH bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password is blank, if it insists on a password then use password but it shouldn't.

Can't say if pap or chap as my old vigor didnt give an option, if you have an option then try them in turn....leave the mtu.

Dont know if this is any good... http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

Now according to the spec the modem does ppoa/ppoe bridging, which implies this is automatic...as most adsl uses ppoa.

0 Ratings