Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 91 of 166

Re: Draytek Vigor 2750n Connection Issues

@ianm42 wrote:

My 2750 can do 2.4GHz and 5GHz at same time.

Not tried it as I have no 11a devices to test against.

Wireless.jpg

Well this is taken from Draytek website :http://www.draytek.com/user/PdInfoDetail.php?Id=129#PdFunc

5. Wireless Access Point

• Support Dual Band 2.4/5G Configurable (Not Simultaneous)
toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 92 of 166

@Cryin5freeman wrote:

FYI,

Draytek 2750 Firmware Version : 1.5.1.2 is out!!! go for it...

Not much to go for:Smiley Wink

New Features
􀁺 None
Improvement
􀁺 Fixed: PPPoE gets IP error while operating in "connect on demand" mode.
􀁺 Fixed: The jumbo frame would crash the router.
􀁺 Improved: Improvement for Wireless isolation and Access Control.
􀁺 Improved: Disable WPS AP PIN to prevent from WPS PIN vulnerability.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 93 of 166

Hi Mike, I'm having the exact same issue, any way I can get hold of the modifications?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 94 of 166

I'm still testing the changes, at the moment.

I would suggest that you deal with Draytek support in the UK. They should be able to let you have the new version, when they are happy that it is stable.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 95 of 166

Mike, does this firmware address the slower upload speed with the 2750n compared to using the openreach modem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 96 of 166

Mana,

I can't give you a definite answer on that. However, Draytek support in Taiwan have asked me to do some speed tests for them.

As this is the first time that I have been able to connect with the 2750n, I can't compare it with the old firmware. However, if there is a speed change, then I suspect that it is the hardware that has caused it, not the firmware.

What I think has happened is that Draytek have changed their modem chipset supplier from Broadcom to Metanoia, possibly hoping to improve the speed of the 2750. This new firmware is just to cure a problem with creating the VDSL2 connection with the new hardware.

If I learn any more, I'll let you know.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 166

Hi 21Alpha,

could you point me in the right direction for the 2850 vlanID 101 ? I can't seem to find where to put it 😉

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 98 of 166

Has anyone else had problems with the 2750n "freezing"? For the past couple of weeks my 2750n has been dropping network and internet connectivity, needing a power off/on cycle to get back up and running. Last weekend I upghraded to 1.5.1.2 and that seemed to make no difference whatsoever. Today....dead. All the lights on the 2750n are on (all green, except the LAN lights which are amber) and the router itself seems absolutely dead. Tried to power cycle, leaving it switched off for up to half an hour and the lights all just come back on, and the router still dead. Tried to factory reset, but the router isn't responding to the button press. Any thoughts?! Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 99 of 166

Ive just RMAd my 2850n for a refund

If teh router needed rebooting or restatrting (to apply changed settings for eaxmple) it wouldn't get net connectivity without removing all but the incoming cable and 1 ethernet - hard reset then reconnect all the other cables. Sometimes I even had to change the password for the internet connection.

This was bad enough and had numerous suggestions (including beta firmwares) from DrayTek support and even allowed them remote access to the router with no avail. The last straw was several dropped connections over teh period of  a few days which, with teh issue above, was the last straw

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 100 of 166

Any more news Mike, my new one is still sat in it's box after it was replaced, tried once but juist the same so hoping you can solve the problem, although must admit Homehub 3 has settled down and I'm not getting as many dropped connections, istalled wirelss homeplug network so no proble with HH wireless.

0 Ratings